Wednesday 5 March 2008

Transformers - Ratchet Voyager



I've now managed to pick up both version of the Voyager version of Ratchet. And there are big differences between the two. The original version is a really nice figure, looks great in both Robot and vehicle mode and is built really well. There is a nice amount of detail overall, better than some of the other figures. I know the green colour is not to everyones liking, but I don't mind it.

Now, the rescue version. I got this as in my mind it has a more traditional paint job that matches the G1 version of the figure. But I was a little disappointed when I got it out of the box. The have used mainly white for all the plastic parts so it just looks very dull compared to the green version which has black areas all over the arms and legs. I'm not really sure why they have done this, except I guess to save money.

The plastic that has been used also seems a lot cheaper than the green version. It looks very brittle and is easily marked, especially stress marks. because the plastic is cheap the arms keep popping out of there sockets which is not good. This can be fixed by loosening the screw on the elbow joint, but it shouldn't happen at all.

Both these figures are on sale (if you can find them) for £19.99. But in my mind the rescue version should be cheaper as it really isn't that well made.

Shame.

No comments: