Thursday 25 October 2007

Zeroids Ahoy!

After waiting ages due to the postal strike I now have both my Terrahawks Zeroids. They look really cool together. Neither were in perfect condition, but a bit of a clean seemed to take most of the dirt off. And having a look at the date on the bottom, they are 24 years old so I would expect them to be a bit warn.

There are supposed to have a clockwork feature that you use the stand to windup. The pressing a button on the back of the stand causes them to roll around the floor using and offset weight. This was broken on both of them so I decided to have a look inside and see if it could be fixed.

The annoying thing was they have a sticker around the middle of the ball that covers the join. So I had to cut this with a scalpel to get them open.


On the first one I took apart, all it needed was a little jiggle about and everything just clicked back into place. After that it all worked fine. The second one though appears to have piece missing were the ball attaches to the base. Without this it just won't wind up.

To me these look so Gerry Anderson in design, and that's a good thing. I love the simplicity of them. Looks like I will have to try and get some other Terrahawks toys now : )


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember having one of these toys from my childhood, for a while it went with me everywhere. Love the Terrahawks designs, they always seemed more real and less "cartoony" than some of the Thunderbirds designs.