Wednesday, 29 August 2012
It's been a couple of weeks and the cleaning and bleaching process has now all been done on the latest lot of imperial figures. The stormtroopers all came out really nice and white. A couple still have slightly yellow limbs, but this is due to the type of plastic they are made from.
One of the At-At commander figures was a really really light version to start with. The yellow tint came out nicely from his body and now matches the rest of him.
I have touched up the pain on the bulk of them as they where heavily play warn. The final result is great, and another load of figures to add to Yellow squadron.
Note: I did find one new glitch while de-yellowing this lot. On one of the figures boots, I ended up with a blister in the original paint. I'd not seen this happen before. Not a problem for me as it required re-painting anyway, but worth keeping and eye on.
Tuesday, 21 August 2012
It looks like these have been stored for a long time as they are filthy, and also a couple have been chewed by rats! I'll post a pick of the worst offender later. First thing to do is to give this lot a bath before I prepare them for a soaking in some H2O2 to bleach the yellow back to a much nicer white. As the weather here is pretty bad, and we seem to be having next to no sunshine, the de-yellowing process is going to take a week or so. And as my jars can only fit 5 figures each, I'll have to do it in a few batches.
Fingers crossed they will all come out looking good and can be added to my growing army.