Tuesday 18 January 2011

De-Yellowing Star Wars Figures - Stage 2 part 2

It has now been 7 days since I put my first to figures in the Hydrogen Peroxide, I decided to leave it this long as we had not really had that much sunshine. After a few days both figures had started to loose there yellow markings, but you could still see them.

Now after a week both figures are looking loads better. These were very yellow figures and I never expected to get them back to 100% white, I was using these as they were both figures that I didn't really mind if they got ruined.

The stormtrooper has a few areas on the front that are a little yellow so it may be worth giving him a second bath. And the Biker scout has a bit more of an all over subtle tinge of yellow.

If you look at the images below you can see the overall difference that a week makes.





I have a few other figures in the bath now that have been in for 4 days which I will also leave the full week.

Today I added a Terrahawks figure as this is made from a dark blue plastic. I'm hoping this will have the same results as my Kate Kestrel figure is looking pretty yellow.

No comments: