Monday, 10 September 2007

Forbidden Planet - Forbidden Prices

I'm sure it's not just me, but how to Forbidden Planet get away with charging so much for there stock? I popped into the Bristol branch last week looking to pick up some new figures, but couldn't believe how much they are charing for things. New Star wars figures for £9.99 that you can pick up most other places for £5.99 or less. Transformers Movie Deluxe figures for £12.99, normally £9.99 everywhere else.

So who actually pays these prices? Even buying them off internet sites the added postage would still work out cheaper than there in store prices.

I have a nice little local store here called Krackers and they have a really good selection of figures all at good prices. Or there is always good old Woolworths, who don't always get everything, but at least what they do get is cheap.

I do like having a look around Forbidden Planet, but I can't remember the last time I actually got my wallet out in there.

1 comment:

Steerpike said...

I totally agree.
I went to buy my Leia in Boushh disguise and it was £5 cheaper in
The Cinema Store on St. Martins Lane in London - and when I told the guy, he gave me a quid off my layolty in not buying in Forbidden Planet!!!!